Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Make Good Art

This past week I attended my daughter's graduation events; I have many happy memories.

While we were staying (in the dormitory) at the university we met a couple from Florida. They spoke with pride of their daughter, who wants to pursue a career in publishing. At our first meeting I mentioned my books in passing; by the second time we met the woman (Yael) had downloaded and read my first book.

I never got an email address or a last name, but I hope Yael finds this post. I ran across a great commencement address given by Neil Gaiman, and I think Yael's daughter would love it:

http://vimeo.com/42372767

"No one knows what the landscape will look like two years from now let alone a decade away . . . which is on the one hand intimidating, and on the other immensely liberating."

"The gatekeepers are leaving their gates. You can be as creative as you need to be . . . the old rules are crumbling and no one knows what the new rules are."

No comments:

Post a Comment