Wednesday, April 27, 2016

It's a gas! Gas! GAS!

Heh. What's old is new. To me, at least.

I just learned the lyrics to this song. Yes, I grew up with it, but I never listened to the words. I was so taken by the guitar riffs and beat, in fact so much that the lyrics, which seemed to all hit on the same note anyway, just flew past me (ok, except for the "all right now" and "jumpin' jack flash", I did get those). Mind you I was about ten years old when this hit the airwaves, but I never bothered to go back to it, and after a few years down the road, well, you know, life gets in the way of nostalgia . . . until a band mate brought the chord tabs/lyrics to practice on Monday.

I recently learned that the refrain from another song I enjoyed back in the day ends in "there's a bad moon on the rise", not, as I've always sung it, "there's a bathroom on the right."

No comments:

Post a Comment