Sunday, July 3, 2016

Synchronized Nightmares

Is this what comes of being married for 34 years?

This morning's action:

Me: Ugh. I hate that dream! I'm retired. It's summer. But there I was, struggling to finish an essay for English class, while I had let History slide. Now I couldn't catch up, and the exam was tomorrow!

Husband (AKA, the one-upper): Dang! I had the same dream, just different. I had signed up for an art class, but somehow I missed the first week. I read my schedule wrong, something I've done repeatedly (in dreams) but this time I was going to correct the situation. I showed up for class, and they were painting with watercolors. The instructor gave us a sheet of paper with a smiley face on it, and we were supposed to brush water over it to "paint". I started in, working rapidly because I was several sheets behind the rest of the class. After a few minutes the teacher ambled over and she said, "Maybe you should go to Walmart and buy the paint-by-number kit. When you've mastered that come back."

True story. You can't make this stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment