Sunday, April 17, 2011

On Deck: Healing Hearts

I thought I was finished with the Easton Hearts series, but . . .

One of the best things about ebook publishing is the immediate feedback I receive from readers. You all told me you loved the characters and stories in the first three books. I smiled when one reader called Cal "dreamy" (honestly, I never thought of him that way), and others said they couldn't wait for Roy's story.

I was taken aback by the volume of queries about Doctor Rutherford, a minor character in the books. Rutherford stitched Sarah's shoulder and treated Cal's arm. He also counseled Sarah on "womanly issues". We learned that the doctor suffered from an emotional injury himself, revealed in his words: "The hardest wounds to heal are the ones we can't see."

Healing Hearts will be Doctor Rutherford's story. Set in 1869, it fits between the first and second book in the series, but, like the others, it will stand alone as a complete story.

I'll keep you posted on writing progress, and I'll be posting excerpts ahead of the release.

No comments:

Post a Comment