Saturday, October 15, 2011

Embracing My Inner Geek

I have one of those "G" marriages. A geek marriage. When the kids turned out to be geeks (beautiful geeks, but geeks nonetheless), it wasn't worth fighting. Instead I celebrated the culture, like waking to a geek pride parade every day these past 20 some years . . .

We even try to out-geek each other, and my husband upped the ante when he purchased a geek vest a few months ago. With 22 pockets, a built-in personal area network (PAN), and four fashion colors to choose from, it was a techno-textile wonder. Kindle, iPad, iPod, iPhone, water bottle, keys, sunglasses, even a laptop computer ALL fit in this vest.

Envy ensued, and I had to purchase one of my own. Readers, this is the real deal. I'll never carry a purse again, and going through airport security is infinitely easier when you remove the vest, fold it into the plastic bin, and breeze on through.

Check out the goods here.

2 comments:

  1. I think a wrist holder for an iPhone would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. There's a cool wristband for the nano:

    http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/18/ipod-nano-review-as-a-watch/

    ReplyDelete